The Cultural Heritage of Topčider
Since the 19th century the urban planning of Topčider (one of Belgrade's many hills) was envisioned as a city oasis, with numerous parks, picnic spots, large areas of forest and greenery. Hidden within it are numerous villas, summer houses and art studios built at the beginning of the 20th century. Through the “Cultural Heritage of Topčider” tour we will reveal different cultural institutions. During this tour, you can visit Museum of African Art, the memorial House of King Peter, Archive of Yugoslavia, Heritage House – the Legacy of Petar Lubarda, House of Olga Jančić, Monument to Isidora Sekulić, Hyde park Belgrade and Public Aquarium and Tropicarium Belgrade. To get an impression about the tour, visit this link.
Walking and talking with you, are art historians Ana Knežević, Museum of African Art curator & Ivana Zatežić, Heritage House associate.
Join our trek of discovery of the cultural Heritage of Topčider Hill!
- The tour can include visits to the following institutions: the Museum of African Art (14, Andre Nikolića Street), the memorial House of King Peter (40, Vase Pelagića Street), Heritage House – the Legacy of Petar Lubarda (1, Iličićeva Street), Public Aquarium and Tropicarium Belgrade (3, Milenka Vesnića Street), Archive of Yugoslavia (33, Vase Pelagića Street).
- Gathering point: the Museum of African Art; 14, Andre Nikolića Street.
- Special Offer: Tailored Tour
- Entrance fee for group (min. 10 persons): 500 RSD per person;
- Entrance fee for group (under 10 persons): 5000 RSD for the whole group;
- Approximate duration: 170 minutes